Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Cabin Fever

To say that is has been busy around here is an understatement!!

Today marks 2 months since our beautiful baby girl was born. She is so awesome.  It only took her about 4 weeks to sleep through the night and she has been a CHAMP!  There have only been a handful of nights that she will wake up at an odd hour and only one night where she really challenged me to go to bed. I won. Here she is today:

Her onesie stickers are from this etsy shop.
Headbands and clip ons are also from etsy.
Being a teacher and a first time mom... I wasn't sure how much time I would need after baby. I opted to take the first 4 weeks of the school year off, so we are still home and cuddling everyday. Which has been amazing <3.

I am not, for one minute, trying to say that it has been easy breezy. We have one jealous puppy on our hands as well. With Lainey being just over a year and a lab, she is still in full puppy mode (I just got done saying, "You do not EAT the deck.") Juggling both baby and puppy has been tricky. I can't even imagine how moms more than one kid do it. Needless to say, it'll be awhile before we go for baby #2.

I have had a lot of time on my hands (who would have ever thought I could say that with a 2 month old?!) so I have gotten to do a lot of cleaning and organizing around my house.  I don't know HOW I am going to keep up once I go back to work in 3 short, short weeks. Here is one of the projects I completed recently:
Let me tell you.  This project started out as a MAJOR fail.  I saw these super cute painted stools on Pinterest of course and I thought, "How hard can that be?" So I bought two stools from a friend who was moving for $5 for both!  Pinterest instructed that I use acrylic paint. So, off to the craft store I went.
Do not use acrylic paint.
I primed the stools first, thinking, "Ha, ha Universe! You thought I would neglect to prime! Well, not this time!" Then, on went the first coat of acrylic paint. Then the second. Then the third. Do not use acrylic paint.
The stuff just would not stick. Why, Pinterest, do you misinform your loyal followers like this?
After many, many coats it finally started covering.  I decorated each leg differently (with the same paint which, happily stuck in one doing). Then covered the tops. All I did for that was buy quarter pieces from the craft store for about a dollar each and staple-gunned them on. I bought one boa and stapled that as well. I do love my staple gun.
Et voila! Pretty little stools for my classroom. 
So, things are slowly starting to get into a normal routine around here. Hopefully meaning that I will be blogging on the regular again soon. With fall and football season around the corner, we have tons of super fun events coming up and my stove top is feeling neglected.

No comments:

Post a Comment