Thursday, May 22, 2014

Nursery!


Happy (almost) Friday!

Our nursery is almost complete, so I wanted to share.  You can see my inspiration here.
I am a huge Hello Kitty fan and I think everyone I have ever met in my life was sure, upon hearing the words, "It's a Girl!" that our nursery was 100% going to be Hello Kitty themed.
But it's not! I decided to go for a shabby chic look.  Of course, it is highlighted in Hello Kitty stuff...but I figure we have plenty of time for that. :-)

Here are some pictures...
I made this mobile.  I'm not super happy with it...but it's still a work in progress.

Rug and crib from Target//changing table from Babies R Us//all baskets from Home Goods

Baby Girl has been spoiled rotten with several beautiful handmade blankets!

This dresser was my hubby's.  It was dark brown with old fashioned fixtures. I used Zinsser Cover Stain Primer to prime (it smelled horrific and probably was a preggo no-no)

 
I'm still stuck on what is going on the walls and what kind of drapery to go with.  I figure that when I see the wall piece I am looking for, I will know!
To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment