Thursday, May 15, 2014

When All Else Fails...Add Sprinkles.

This week has been rough stuff. There has been so much going on, I feel like I can barely keep up!!

These Rice Krispie rolls, however, are not rough stuff.   I made them for a baby shower for a girl that I work with and, while they turned out looking NOTHING like Pinterest promised, they still tasted super yummy.

I followed the directions for regular old Rice Krispie treats.  Next, I put the mixture on a big cookie sheet and rolled it out thin (about a half inch).  I spread Nutella on half and vanilla frosting on the other half.  Then just roll and slice! 

Now, the Pinterest one had a perfect spiral of Nutella inside. Mine, as you can see, lacked any patience whatsoever.  The Rice Krispie treats were still warm when I began to roll, which is where I think my problem was. I was nervous they would get too stiff and not roll at all! Learning experience.

Both types were delish.  The hubby liked the frosting one, whereas I loved the Nutella.  The ladies at work seemed to enjoy them as well!

In other news, I am REALLY trying to work on updating more often.  I have been getting very in to reading other blogs and it's something I really enjoy. So check back often. I plan on putting up different crafty things as well as sharing some products that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment